PRE-OPERATION REQUIREMENTS (CON'T)
- Dont weld any protruding device onto the
head of your hitch pin. Be especially careful to remove clevis
straps mounted on top of the drawbar.
- The driveline must be attached securely to the
tractor and the implement. If a set screw or bolt is the recommended
means for attachment, make sure it is the correct length and follow
the original manufacturers recommendations. Dont attach
drivelines with bolts or pins which are longer than recommended.
They can not only catch loose clothing, boot-laces or a pant cuff,
but, while spinning rapidly, they can cause serious bodily injury.
- The driveline shielding system is one of the most
important components for your safety and the safety of others.
Make sure all guards are in good repair and in place prior to
hooking up your driveline. This will greatly reduce the risk of
an accident, serious injury, or even death.
- Make sure the driveline guard can rotate independent
of the shaft a full rotation and can telescope freely. (7)
- If the driveline has been provided with a retaining
chain, make sure the chain is in place and has been properly connected
to the tractor or the implement attachment point.
- Make sure that any shear pins are correctly installed
and that the proper replacement pins are readily available. Check
any other overload devices to ensure they are operable and have
been serviced according to the manufacturers instructions.