REMEMBER, SAFETY FIRST
- Exercise extreme caution when operating machinery.
- Stay at least your height away from a rotating
- Never operate equipment without proper guarding.
- You have an obligation to keep children away. There
is NO reason for any child to be near operating equipment. (15)
- If the elderly are assisting with farmwork, their
physical limitations need to be recognized and accommodated.
- It only takes a moment for a shoelace, a pants
cuff, or even a strand of hair to become entangled in a driveline.
- Dont wear loose fitting clothes, windbreakers,
or jackets with long drawstrings.
- Keep long hair tucked securely under a hat.
- Never step across any driveline.
- Dont use the tractor drawbar or the implement
tongue as a step.
- Never use the driveline as a step.
- Slippery conditions increase your risk of injury.
- Fatigue is a warning you should never ignore.
- Heed all safety warnings in the operators
manual and on safety sign